
A few birds came around this morning while I was getting the kids ready for school. I saw a Chickadee and 1 Junco while having breakfast. We also saw a few House Finches, 2 males and a female. There was a sparrow but I would have to look up what kind.
A pair of Mourning Doves came by around lunch time. Is there a difference between the male and female? They stayed there in the birch tree, sitting in the pouring rain...
Around 2:30 I looked up and the two Doves were still there. I found out that the males are a little more colourful so I now know that this is a couple, the male on the left. There were also a bunch of black birds, a few Red-winged Blackbirds and at least one Common Grackle. There was also a Robin! The first I've seen this season!
Right after supper one Bohemian Waxwing came by to eat a few berries from the tree in front. I saw another black bird but have to try to identify it.
No comments:
Post a Comment