It has been very busy at the feeders this week! No new birds but some that have come back for spring!
The Redpolls are still here! I haven't been watching them for the Hoary so not sure if it is still here.
The Goldfinches are still here, coming more and more now and I think the males are starting to change into their breeding plumage...they seem brighter yellow and dark patches are starting to appear on their heads.
There are a few House Sparrows and there are now 3 pairs of House Finches...not sure but I think there is one pair that are Purple Finches but I have to check with the binoculars...
The pair of White-Breasted Nuthatches still come every day and a pair of Downy Woodpeckers come by every now and then too.
There are 5 Black-Capped Chickadees who are always here!
I now have 2 Starlings who come by every day to scare the Redpolls off! They pick at the suet and then fly away.
The Canada Geese have been flying overhead, there are American Crows everywhere and since Saturday I have had Blue Jays, Mourning Doves and a pair of Cardinals! AND, a Robin was singing in my maple tree on Tuesday! Yay! Spring is here!!!
Oh! And a Pine Siskin this morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are JUST getting Redpolls here at our feeders. I dont know what happened this winter, but we have had no birds :-( We've really missed them and were so excited today to finally see some. Tucked amongst the Redpolls were a couple of American Goldfinch.
Post a Comment