I have started a ne wlist. Let's see how many birds come back to my feeders this year...
So far, as of January 8, 2009, I have 10 birds on my list.
The Pine Siskins came back on January 1st. They stayed around for 2 or 3 days but I haven't seen them again. The usual House Sparrows, and at least 20 American Goldfinches in the last few days! The female Downy Woodpecker comes by daily but I haven't seen the male ot the Hairy Woodpeckers yet. There are 4 Black-Capped Chickadees today. Both the female and the male White-Breasted Nuthatch come by every day. There is one pair of House Finches. On January 2nd there was a flock of Bohemian Waxwings flying around. They seemed to be eating berries from a neighbor's tree and came to rest in the big maple in my backyard but did not come close enough to get any good pictures...There was a pair of Dark-Eyed Juncos yesterday and 3 European Starlings came by to scare everyone away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh you are so lucky to have them come right to your yard! I love the birds. :)
Post a Comment